– Fix MediaProvider SQLiteDiskIOException
– Fix statusbar padding with left clock
– Fix text cutting off during shutdown animation
– LatinIME (keyboard) fixes
– Slim Recents fixes
– Theme changes & fixes
– RTL fixes for both Slim and AOSP recents
– Dynamic font fix for FDE devices
– Switch to Clang for most of our kernels (all 4.4 kernels and a few 3.18 ones)
– Switch to Cloudflare DNS servers
– Stop ticker on theme changes for a better user experience
– Disable ticker animation style preference if Heads up is enabled
– Change fingerprint enrollment sensor summary
– Added translations
– Check gerrit/github for a full changelog and/or device specific changes.
– Font manager
Last week the folks over at Omni and Carbon discovered that there was an issue with the Font manager and full-disk encryption (FDE) in where it would cause the device to not boot. This issue was quickly patched up and is included in this week’s weekly. Thank you Omni and Carbon!
Along with this news, we also went ahead and pushed out the font template for those that want to create their own font packs. The source and instructions can be found in the link below.
– New maintainers
If you’re building DU for an unofficial device and would like to make it official, contact us! Check out the link below for more information about the requirements for both you and your device.
Weeklies and official builds are signed with private keys. This means that if you’re on last’s week’s official build or a weekly, you can dirty flash this weekly. If you’re on anything other than that and want to use this weekly you MUST perform a full wipe in recovery. If you decide to disregard this and flash this weekly or the official build on top of anything, you will not be able to boot. Have fun looking at a black screen :p
If you run into any issues, please use JIRA to report your issues.
As always, we want to remember where we came from and who got us where we’re at! We wouldn’t be where we’re at without the help and support of all our contributors, past and present! Every developer, designer, translator and supporter, thank you for everything you’ve done for our project!